Y&P Archive: Issue 116
Youth & Policy: The final issue? Towards a new format
- Youth Work and Informal Education: Finding common ground
- Beyond the Local Authority Youth Service: Could the state fund open access youth work – and if so, how?
A speculative paper for critical discussion
- Scientism, governance and evaluation: Challenging the ‘good science’ of the UK evaluation agenda for youth work
Deirdre Niamh Duffy
- Extending democracy to young people: is it time for youth suffrage?
- Youth and adult perspectives on representation in local child and youth councils in Ireland
Shirley Martin and Catherine Forde
- What, no coaching? Challenging the dominance of mentoring in work with young people
- Effective gang policy and practice: how research with ‘Black male youth’ problematizes the official definition of the UK gang
- Social work with children in the Youth Justice system – messages from practice
Jane Pye and Ian Paylor
- Organised Crime, Street Gangs and County Lines
- The American news media and youth: distortion, defamation, demographic fear
- Finding a better way of protecting young workers
Jim McKechnie, Sandy Hobbs, Emma Littler and Amanda Simpson
- Margaret Mead and the ‘Unknown Children’
Click to download Issue 116 (.PDF)
Youth & Policy is run voluntarily on a non-profit basis. If you would like to support our work, you can donate below.
Last Updated: 20 July 2017
Students by Gisella Klein. Sourced from Flickr and reproduced under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) licence. https://www.flickr.com/photos/katzarella/6881053210/